Can you feel it? The air feels new. The day is bright and there is so much to do! It’s a new year and I’m so ready for beginning with a year of successes and lots of failures.
Everyone is listing all their new year resolutions, which I always find exciting because everyone has new dreams and goals. The possibilities are endless and even I’m jumping on board the resolution train this year.
No year is perfect and I am constantly trying to finish projects that I’ve got started (still cracking away on my Making Me Accountable list). This year isn’t about a wedding or getting a new job. This year I’ve changed my way of thinking. It’s not about the number of to-do’s I accomplish. If I do anything off my New Year’s Resolution list, it’s a bonus. Here’s what’s most important to me in the new year:
- Hang out with friends and family more. Even if that means visiting over coffee on break at work or making dinner for friends, I want to spend more time away from my work life and spend it with the ones I love.
- Give Say Entirely more focus during my week. So often, I come home from work and I’m exhausted from staring at a computer all day. Tierney and I are cooking up more ideas for Say Entirely this year, which I think will allow me to spend more of my time focused on this blog that I love so dearly.
- Collaborate more and making stuff. My husband is getting ready to make his feature film and I’m eagerly awaiting to make costumes, props and assist with any writing he may need. Maybe at the end of 2018, I’ll feel like an actual producer of some kind!
- Cook more at home, eat out less. With all the goodies from the wedding, I will actually be able to do all the cooking from scratch that I’ve been dreaming of since I left my parent’s house. Also, I am overjoyed to have a filter coffee machine (thanks work friends!)
- Travel, travel, travel. Whether it’s a short getaway in an Airbnb somewhere in the UK for a weekend or a week-long trip in Europe, I’m ready to see more.
- Being more mindful of the world around me. As I dive further into my spirituality, I want to give more to others in my life. I want to take care of my home, be aware more of the life of my plants in my garden and really understand the person that I am and who I want to be.
This year isn’t about my diet or trying to run marathons. All I want to do is be present with the world. So to you all who are on the new year resolution train with me, best of luck! Happy New Year!